02 Feb Renew & Revive With a Glowing Green Smoothie
Following a trip I took to New Orleans, where I saw a fantastic woman by the name of Kimberly Snyder speak about nutrition and in particular a smoothie deemed the ‘glowing green smoothie’ I’ve become addicted. The smoothie is the absolute perfect breakfast, and I’ve worked making it every night into my routine. For many of us (college students/people without big-kid kitchen tools) we don’t have the space/the blender etc. I say this as a full-time student that lives out of her Magic Bullet (the perfect baby blender and great for grab-and-go snacks). Point being, with our world moving faster than ever, high stress, and often sacrificing our health in the midst, this is a simple thing you can do and leave in your refrigerator for up to three days, to get in those ‘oh so hard to eat’ greens and kick-start your digestion.
The glowing green smoothie is super simple and super nutritious and I’m oh-so-very-excited to share it with you all, really this thing is magic.
Here is the recipe from Kimberly Snyder’s website, it’s about 4 servings so if you, like me only need one a day save some for your roommate or the next morning, otherwise you may want to modify the portion sizes.
Glowing Green Smoothie Ingredients
- 7 cups chopped spinach (about a medium bunch)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 small head)
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1½ cups chopped celery (about 2 medium stalks)
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium pear, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium banana, peeled and cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro (stems are okay)(optional)
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley (stems are okay)(optional)
- Add the spinach, romaine and water to your blender and begin on low, gradually building until it is smooth.
- Add celery, apple, pear, cilantro and parsley, lastly add your banana and lemon juice, blend until smooth. (add ice to the last step if you want to).
- Remove your blender and serve, or keep it in the blender for up to three days.
Start your day right, it’s simple, it’s clean (and you’ll feel super great)